register for email updates
ATL District 1: Robert Welsh
Atlanta Unfiltered needs your financial support to continue our reporting and analysis of money in Georgia politics — a topic rarely explored by other news outlets. Use the Donate button on this page to help us produce more articles like this one.
Leaders in the public sector have plenty of public resources to promote their political views, accomplishments and experience. Often much more can be found in the public record: personal and campaign finance disclosures, expense reports, and business, tax and court filings. Here’s what they show:
Robert Zachary Welsh
Welsh, making his first run for office, is running for the District 1 seat on Atlanta City Council in the Nov. 5 general election. He faces incumbent Carla Smith and challenger Bill Powell, who’s filed no disclosures since January.
- Budget manager, Georgia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities.
- Formerly worked as an analyst for the Georgia Senate Budget Office and for the private Georgia Budget and Policy Institute.
Business ownership interests
Other fiduciary positions
- Board member, Peoplestown Revitalization Corp.
Real estate holdings
- Personal residence valued at $72,000.
- None disclosed.
Friends and Family
- Welsh lists state Sen. Emanuel Jones and former Rep. Doug Dean among his supporters.
Donors have given $5,589 in cash and $6,075 in goods and services to Welsh’s campaign. He’s also chipped in $600 of his own money.
- Reported cash on hand (Oct. 25, 2013): $532
Posted Oct. 30, 2013