register for email updates
Mark Richt, UGA football coach: $3,066,275
Mark Richt wrapped up UGA’s 2009 football season with a 8-5 season and a bowl victory over Texas A&M. For that, and for everything else he does, Richt made more than $3 million last year.
Taxpayers picked up the tab for only 13 cents of every dollar paid to Richt. His coach’s salary in fiscal year 2010 was $381,389.
The rest of Richt’s earnings — most of it paid by the UGA Athletic Association — breaks down this way:
- $1,120,000 for radio and television appearances,
- $742,000 for equipment endorsements,
- $390,000 toward his longevity bonus, payable in 2013, and
- $140,000 for his football camp.
Richt also estimated he would earn $292,886 in outside income in 2010, primarily from product endorsements.
Leave a Comment
more from this category
- MaChelle Joseph, Ga. Tech women’s hoops coach: $358,099
- Damon Evans, UGA athletic director: $550,000
- Beverly Hall, ATL school superintendent: $400,298
- Steven Hatchell, National Football Foundation CEO: $408,537
- Bill Myers, Gwinnett fire chief: $135,000
- Walter Broadnax, ex-Clark Atlanta U. president: $1,149,666
- Doug MacGinnitie, Secretary of State candidate: $24,547
- Margaret DeFrancisco, Ga. Lottery CEO: $496,776
- Gary Black, agriculture commissioner-elect: $154,000
- Glenn Stephens, Gwinnett County administrator: $253,600