register for email updates
John Thompson, fired Clayton County school sup’t: $367,371
John Thompson, fired after just 11 months from his Clayton County post, ranked as the third-best-paid school superintendent in Georgia for 2009.
Thompson pocketed about $367,000 in the fiscal year ending June 30. He lost his job in March, less than a year after he’d been hired to turn the school system around and lead it back to accreditation.
Here’s the rest of the Top 10 superintendent salaries for 2009, courtesy of Open.Georgia.gov:
- $389,314 — Beverly Hall, Atlanta
- $387,934 — J. Alvin Wilbanks, Gwinnett
- $367,371 — John Thompson, Clayton County
- $287,991 — Crawford Lewis, DeKalb County
- $274,425 — Cindy Loe, Fulton County
- $249,530 — Martha Patterson, Bibb County
- $239,254 — Thomas Lockamy, Savannah-Chatham County
- $236,129 — Donald Remillard, Douglas County
- $232,602 — Dana T. Bedden, Richmond County
- $227,853 — Emily Lembeck, Marietta