register for email updates
Gwinnett’s new fire chief, George W. “Bill” Myers,” will start at an annual salary of $135,000 under an employment contract that takes effect Saturday. His pay range, though, extends upward to $177,914. Also, he’s eligible for a take-home car or a car allowance of $4,160 a year.
Ever wonder why MARTA’s rail line doesn’t run near the Atlanta baseball stadium where tens of thousands of fans gather 81 times a year? Me too. Now, as my pals at Atlanta Unsheltered reported yesterday, MARTA is in early discussions with a private firm about using magnetic levitation trains to shuttle Braves fans to home games.
- AARP denied information on pipeline
- Facelift malpractice could change jury awards in state
- Emory Cancer Center director’s exit follows honor & criticism
- Edge for minority bids gets backing in Augusta
- New lawsuit takes on Augusta’s purchasing rules
- Deal makes watchdog group’s ‘Most Corrupt’ list