register for email updates
Burkhalter tops Richardson in campaign fund-raising
Rep. Mark Burkhalter (right), not House Speaker Glenn Richardson, appears to be the Georgia Legislature’s top campaign fund-raiser for 2009.
The Johns Creek Republican, who serves as speaker pro tem, collected $94,250 in campaign funds for the first six months of 2009, state records show. Richardson reported raising $88,150 in the same period.
Other top fund-raisers in the Legislature for 2009:
$84,961, Sen. Don Balfour, chairman of the Senate Rules Committee
$76,081 Sen. Chip Rogers, Senate majority leader
$75,417 Rep. Ben Harbin, chairman of the House Appropriations Committee
$52,863 Sen. Tommie Williams, president pro tem of the Senate
$40,050 Rep. Earl Ehrhart, chairman of the House Rules Committee
$34,065 Sen. Mitch Seabaugh, Senate majority whip
Campaign finance records for most elected officials in Georgia were due Tuesday. They must report contributions and spending again at the end of December.
Leave a Comment
more from this category
- PAC Watch: United Health Services on spending spree?
- Unopposed legislators collect $530K in 2nd quarter
- 21 legislators took $5K+ in freebies from lobbyists
- Departing lawmakers have $1.3M in campaign cash to burn
- Unopposed speaker raised $953,000
- Ethics agency probing ex-speaker’s $220K fund transfer
- Missouri developer’s PAC made $123,000 in political donations with no disclosure
- Speaker’s campaign spending: food, charity, consulting
- Rules panel rejects gift limits, moves ethics bill on
- Senate Rules chairman collects $85K with no opposition